Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015

Well, the news was not great today. They found cancer. A few more tests are still needed to be able to form a chemo plan, but she will be starting radiation on her back asap, in hopes she won't be in quite as much pain.

The call came around three... after having panic attack upon panic attack all day, her number finally flashed on my screen. I whispered to my co-worker/bff "it's her".  We talked for a little bit, as she explained what the Dr's had told her and what still needed to be done. We hung up the phone and I just sat there silently sobbing into my hands. I heard my friend ask what I had found out, but I was rendered speachless. It was all I could do to not make crazy gross crying noises. After a few minutes I pulled myself together and told her the news. I let the other people in the office know what was going on, even though they could see it written all over my face... then, a calm came over me...

Yes, the news was bad, but it wasn't as bad as what some people hear. There is a plan to move forward. She has very thorough doctors who know what they're doing. They are already setting her up to lessen the pain while they go forward to get a chemo plan in place.  I know it has already helped my mom just to have a plan.  The pain she's been in has been weighing her down, but it won't be for long.

I ended up working pretty late this evening. It was really nice being there in the quiet getting some stuff done. It was also nice to have something to focus on.  Work is going to be super busy for a while as we are going to be short staffed. It's nothing we haven't been through before, so I know we can handle it. We have a good system and a boss who is willing to help with the work load. It will be nice to put in some extra hours.

After the bad news and the working late, there was no way I was cooking. I'm pretty sure that I couldn't even boil water at this point, so it was a hot and ready pizza night in our house. Would have been good if I hadn't taken a chunk out of my lip on the first bite!!  

Seeing as its almost 10, I think I'll start the eyes on the dinosaur and then maybe head to bed. I'll be home with the baby tomorrow so I'm gonna work hard to get some crocheting done. Lots to make as the holidays approach.  Thank you all for your continued support and prayers. Keep it coming, I appreciate it!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same routine today. Waiting, getting the news, sobbing into the shoulder of my future mother in law, then the calm knowing my mother is a Gosh Darn Fighter. She is going to make cancer her bitch. Say it with me this time...Come at me Bro!

    ReplyDelete