Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November 11, 2015

Why on earth is is to hard for me to move data from my phone to the computer?  I like to think that I know a bit about technology, but for some reason, the ability to move stuff from phone to computer eludes me!  It's like I completely stroke out when it comes time to do it.  Whatever, over 800 pictures and about an hour later, I have finally made some room on the phone to update some of my apps!

Just got A to bed… Yes, 10pm and I was still fighting with a  6 year old to get in bed.  I swear, she's a professional staller!  She's really good at the "Ok, but wait…" routine.  She was one "oh, I forgot…" away from being grounded, although that usually ends up as more of a punishment to me as she complains that she's bored or there's nothing to do when I've taken TV and tablet away.  E has a super runny nose, and I can still hear her up in her crib flopping around, with the occasional moan or whimper.

Gave E spaghetti tonight at dinner time.  She was a mess!  I had to strip her right at the table to avoid getting it everywhere.  There were pieces in her clothes… I even found some in mine when I changed into my loungers.  There's a reason babies are so cute… Big people could never get away with that!

Talked to my mom for a few minutes today.  She sounded like she was feeling a little bit better.  It's just too bad that the pain meds make her so groggy.  She still can't enjoy anything.  Still not sure what the future is going to hold for us, but I know we will make it through.  She's a tough gal, and nothing is going to stand in her way!  She's got an amazing support system ready to hold her up through it all.  My sister and I are reminded all the time of just how many people are there for us.  I know I'm asked a bunch of times a day how I'm doing, and how my mom is feeling.  Just know that even though I don't say much on the subject every time, I'm very thankful to be thought of and appreciate the support.  I know my mom does too.

Ooh, side note here… I was tagged by someone on twitter today as being someone who shared a story on a webpage.  I was super shocked to find my blog posted here!  I keep checking, and I have quite a bit of page views.  I hope people are following me.  If my randomness can give at least one person a laugh, or a "oh, we've been there", I've done what I wanted to do.  Writing this helps me get through my days, and I hope it can help others too!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remember the veterans.  Thank you for putting your life on the line so that I can live mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment