Sunday, November 1, 2015

November 1, 2015

Even though I've done this before, I feel like I could use one of those self help books to help me get started!!  First of all, I'm going to apologize in advance for any typos I don't catch. My computer is in the 'shop' and this is coming to you tonight via a Samsung Galaxy S5! 

The kids are finally in bed and hopefully sleeping, so it's finally mommy time!   What does that mean in my house you ask... the recliner, a crochet hook, and the latest hat I'm working on. Tonight that happens to be a shark. I can't lie, I did get some crocheting done earlier today before the kids got up. I finished two Elsa hats. By the time I was done, my house was complete chaos! Both kids were up, and being that yesterday was halloween, the six year old, 'A', was already asking for candy.  The day spiraled out of control from there, as I threatened to change my name and decided I wasn't fighting anymore and let her have the candy.

So, I've decided it's time I start writing again. I've been thinking about it for a while now and couldn't come up with a theme.  I finally decided that it was just going to be about life and how I make it through my day... the light at the end of the tunnel. And right now, that beacon is crochet.

Crocheting has been something I've dabbled in for a long time. Little things here and there. Nothing huge, a bone yard of unfinished projects and yarn just everywhere in my craft room, which let's face it, is just a crap room. Now with winter upon us up here in WNY, it's time for some super cute (and cozy) hats. Time to pull out those half used skeins of yarn and use them up, because if I walk in the house with a new one before I use an old one, the hubby is gonna go nuts. Let's not even talk about his crazy obsession. That will have to be another day entirely.  

It started with me making E (the baby) a cabbage patch hat. I decided that was pretty easy, and that A needed a hat so I made an owl. Once those were done, I was at a loss of something to do. Pintrest is only fueling the fire. I'm constantly saving this pin or that. People tag me all the time in fun hats. Orders are flowing in like hot lava and I'm just over here crocheting.  Time to start a little business/group I guess. Leslie's Crocheted Cranium Covers.  Look for some cute new things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment