Thursday, November 19, 2015

November 19, 2015

Anyone else out there ever have days where you know you were busy all day but feel like nothing got accomplished?  That was my day. I know I got stuff done, I guess it just wasn't the stuff I originally planned. Tomorrow is another day, and I have big plans for it!  I planned on taking a half day tomorrow as we have A's parent-teacher in the afternoon, but I'm letting A go to the program at the school so I'll have a little extra time to work. I'll probably still take a little time off and hang out with my mom or just come home and relax in the quiet as a birthday present to me.

The tooth fairy will be visiting our house tonight as A lost tooth #2!  Can you beleive how high inflation has made this payout?  Her daddy pulled it out for her before school this morning. I made my way upstairs and as I passed the bathroom I heard her singing to herself. I backed up and peeked in and saw her standing on the toilet talking to herself in the mirror. She's so excited about it. Hopefully the tooth fairy transfer will go smoothly so I can get some sleep tonight. It's pretty rough trying to make your way through the day after 2 nights with only 3-4 hours of sleep. First night was just me not being able to sleep, and last night we had a little baby who coughed herself awake, decided she was hungry and then wanted to play. That is just not gonna fly here. Mom and dad don't operate on 3rd shift. 

Tomorrow starts a new chapter at work. Today was J's last day. She's been there for 8 years, and has accepted a new position. She's staying with the agency but is going to be at a different site.  It's really nice to work for an agency that has so many opportunities. There really is something for just about everyone. J was looking for a change and was able to do so without having to start over somewhere.  We are getting someone who already works in finance and I'm sure she'll do great. She's a fast learner and very thorough. No doubt she'll do well.

Mom has had 4 radiation treatments so far. She's still in a lot of pain as they said she probably would be. They told her it would probably get worse before  it gets better. It is awful for the short term, but I'm trying to only see the long term positives.

As busy and stressful as my day was, I'm ready to start the next... definitely need some sleep first!

No comments:

Post a Comment