Tuesday, November 10, 2015

November 10, 2015

Thank you to all who have been following so far.  I forgot how much I enjoy doing this.  The meds seemed to help mom feel a little better today, so hopefully by the weekend she'll be feeling ok.  All the prayers and the well wishes are really helping.  It will be a long road, but she won't be traveling it alone!

Such a weird day.  I didn't have to get ready for work until 3pm and didn't go in until 3:30.  It was nice to have the day at home with E.  She was so cute.  We got to cuddle and play.  It was very weird not being at work though.  I was just going in when everyone else was going home.  Unbelievable how much work I was able to get done when no one else was there.  It was so quiet… So quiet in fact, that when the ghost made a move I was able to hear it.  That Margret caught me off guard and made me jump, but she's nothing to worry about.  I know, I sound like a nut, but there is definitely an extra person in my office!

I'm looking for a good recipe.  I bought some steak strips that said they would be good for a stir fry.  I'm thinking more of a fajita… any suggestions on what I should season the steak with?  I was thinking maybe I could just cook it with some peppers and onions… but the steak should still have some flavor I think.  I'm not so good at this cooking thing apparently lol!!  We did tacos tonight, and I made enough to have leftovers so that can make a taco ring!  We love those here!!  So easy to make and super yummy!   

I have another question… What's everyone's favorite yarn?  I've been using a lot of Caron Simply Soft, but I'm wondering what some of the others are like.  I'd hate to buy a whole skein and not like it.  Any suggestions??  Ok, time to go play with the yarn I do have… The hats aren't going to make themselves, even though that would save me so much time!!  

I kinda feel like maybe I should mention this whole Starbucks debacle. Is it really that big if a deal?  Now, this is just my personal opinion, but weren't we as Christians taught to accept people for who they are?  Whatever. I really think it's stupid that so many people are worked up over it. It's a freakin cup, not like someone forced you to get a tattoo or something.  Maybe we should focus some of that energy on some real issues. Ok, done for now ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment