Friday, November 27, 2015

November 27, 2015

Today was one of my most favorite days of the year. It's Christmas tree day in our house! I LOVE this day. There is nothing more peaceful than sitting on the couch with the lights off relaxing by the light of the tree. Something about the tree has such a calming effect. Sigh... just love it. E hasn't seen it yet. We were moving some stuff around to get ready for it but she went to bed before it was done. I can't wait to see how she reacts. We're going to have to figure out a way to keep her out of it. Makes me nervous with all the wires now that she's crawling. All I can picture is that scene from "Christmas Vacation".  You know, the one where the cat chews the wire... POOF!  No more cat. A helped fluff the tree and put the beaded garland on. She even put a bunch of the ornaments on for me.  She's now laying on the couch trying to relax with some Christmas music by the light of the tree.


I can't believe it's only Friday. Feels like I should be going to work tomorrow,  not have 2 more days off. It's been a great couple days though. DH and I were able to go out with some friends Wednesday night. Been a long time since we have done that. I then went out with a few of the friends to a couple bars. It was at this point I learned I was WAY too old for that crap!  There was a good band playing so I thought I'd stop in to check them out.  Oh boy was that a bad idea!  I stayed for half a drink,  looked at my friend, and from the look on her face I knew she was thinking the same thing as me... it was time to get the heck out of there!  We went to a low key place after that and ended up having a fantastic time with a couple of other friends.

Thursday was wonderful. We relaxed at home for a while before heading to my mom's.  We sat and chatted and just truly enjoyed each others company. We ate pizza to limit the amount of chaos in her house, and had some pie. It is not about what you eat on thanksgiving,  it's about giving thanks and spending quality time with the ones you love. We left there and went to my in laws side and had a great time.  The food was amazing and the company was great. My mother in law got a game for A. It's a snowball game. It just consists of a bunch of cotton like balls that look and feel (without the cold) like snowballs. I'm sure there's a point to the actual game, but I think the adults had more fun than A. There were snowballs flying everywhere.  So much fun!

I made 2 hats today and am now trying to find a pattern for the next couple on the list. Got a lot to make now for Christmas. Lots of orders to fill. Keeps me busy so that's nice. 

I'll be going to my mom's to make no bake cookies tomorrow since she had a craving for them. I love that I'm able to help her. I hate that she needs it for the reason she does, but I'm happy I can help. Help, for now at least. I will be scheduling surgery on my ankle. My plan is to do it in February while DH is off of work for the week. I guess that's the one real nice thing about the schools splitting spring break. 

Ok, the relaxing effect of the tree has worked. .. g'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment