Sunday, December 27, 2015

That crazy holiday feeling

What a crazy couple weeks we've had in our house! I'm pretty sure we didn't stop going for 2 weeks straight!  We've passed around the head cold and stomach bug, and now it seems to be making round 2. E has now fussed for 2 days straight and A has been wound so tight from candy and the Christmas high,  it's a good thing she has a week more off of school to recover!  

Over a couple days, we somehow manage to have 6 different Christmas events, one of which was at my house for the first time this year. We usually have it at my mom's house,  but she's been so sore, there was no way she could do all the cooking and cleaning to get ready.  So, I got my first chance to host. I suppose it went ok, since everyone ate the ham I made (first time cooking it) and noone has called telling me they got food poisoning!   Only a couple little mishaps I could do without next year... 
I was unloading the clean dishes from the dishwasher so I could put the dinner dishs in there and while putting the silverware away I noticed one didn't get all clean so I put it in the sink. As I brought my hand back, I cough my finger on a knife I had washed earlier and left in the dish drainer.  Leave it to me to find a way to get hurt putting dishes away. Needless to say, I was off dish duty for the rest of the night. Ironically,  the next morning I opened a beautiful set of wolf gang puck knives. My family wouldn't let me open them just yet!  

Tomorrow starts the next chapter of my mom's journey. Her and my dad will be leaving their house around 7am to head to Roswell for my mom's first round of chemo. She is actually looking forward to it. The doctor has said that it should help her feel better. Her arm is so swollen from the clot and the fact that the lymph nodes aren't working properly. Hopefully the doc is right. She'd be doing so much better if her arm wasn't weighing her down. She jokes all the time saying she needs her own TLC show "Life with my 600 lb arm".  Anyone out there want to set that up for us?  We're a fun bunch, I swear!

Back to work tomorrow!  It will be a nice break from the crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment