Friday, December 18, 2015

Light Side or Dark Side...

Happy "Force Awakens" day to everyone!  What a movie! It was really good. Not gonna lie... I was a little skeptical. The last time there was a huge gap of time between movies we were introduced to Jar Jar Binks. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone since it is only opening day and there are many more people who will be going to see it, but I do have a few comments.... Harrison Ford is looking a little rough. Carrie Fisher is looking rougher, and Chewbacca looks like he hasn't aged a bit ;)  Old and new characters have come together to create a great movie. Some questions were answered and some weren't,  but a million more were raised.

Something I do have to admit about tonight was the fact that my anxiety level had gone past red to just ashes it was so high.  I know it's silly to worry, but after what happened at the dark knight movie I couldn't help it.  Obviously,  everything was ok. There was this one guy though... he was wearing one of those adult onsie pajama things that looks like Chewbacca.  He must have gone up and down the stairs next to us at least 15 times. Maybe more. And he didn't just walk nicely up and down the stairs, no sir, this young gentleman ran/stomped each time. He looked like a deer trying to outrun it's predator. There was one instance this brown fleece covered lad came bounding past us muttering something about a stormtrooper. It was almost more entertaining than the movie. Moral of this story is: go see the movie, watch out for crazies!

Mom got her port put in yesterday. She was in quite a bit of pain today, but it seems that since she has a different pain to focus on the pain in her back wasn't quite as prominent today. She'll get her start date for chemo soon, and the only thing I know right now is that it will be every 3 weeks.  Her and my dad got to watch baby E today. I'm sure she kept PopPop on his toes. Shes so busy. Into everything!  Hard to believe she's 10 months old today!  She's getting so big. Christmas is going to be a blast with her and A this year. I get to host my first holiday. I'm a little nervous, there is so much I still have to do!  All the presents need wrapped (probably should finish shopping too), we have a carpet that needs to come out, we need to clean, and I still have to work! Seems like we have something going every night. It's a bit overwhelming.

As I wrap this up tonight I'd like to ask everyone for some kind thoughts for a good friend.  Baby E's daycare provider, Stacey, lost her brother in law on Wednesday to that nasty beast cancer. Stacey and Dave took care of him until the end, and I'm sure that he is eternally, greatfull for all that they did. I've only known them a short time, but have been able to see how loving and selfless they are.  Cancer is an awful beast that doesn't discriminate. I'm so sorry for their loss, but so happy he is no longer suffering here in the physical world.

No comments:

Post a Comment