Saturday, December 30, 2017

Am I Breathing?

Have you ever had one of those panic attacks that makes you feel light headed, like you can't breathe?  I'm pretty sure I'm just living in one.

Having to watch someone you love in pain is never fun... Having to watch the woman who gave you life and taught you how to be the person you are today in pain? Heart wrenching.

"Life is the art of dying" ~Atticus

Over the course of the last 2 years, the hubs and I have talked about death, in a way, trying to prepare ourselves for the point in time where death would come. Both of us being very logical in how we think about life, we know that eventually death will come for all of us, and life will go on for those left behind. Dear God, it is so much harder than that!

I had to explain to A the other day what was happening. She's 8, and she knows, but her beautiful little positive mind was sure there was a way for her Nonnie to get better again.  It really broke my heart having to tell her that most likely her Nonnie won't be here within the next couple weeks.  We talked about how it's ok for her to cry or not cry. She can be sad or mad.  It is ok for her to feel any way she wants about this.  She seems to have chosen sad.  As I was leaving today to sit with mom, A was crying because she wanted to visit too.  I wouldn't let her come.  I don't know if I've made the right choice in not letting her visit, but she's so young.  She knows what's happening... I guess I just don't want her to have this picture in her head forever.

E on the other hand, knows that Nonnie is sick, but at not quite 3 years old, she doesn't understand what's going on.  I made sure she was able to face time with mom the other night to tell her she loves her and blow kisses.  I know at this point that doesn't matter to E, but she may some day ask if she got to say goodbye, and I would like to be able to tell her she did.

To all my friends and co-workers: Thank you for putting up with my roller coaster of emotions especially over the last few weeks.

To my in laws and extended family: Thank you for being there to help with the kids and whatever we need.  We are lucky to have you in our world.

To my husband: I don't know what I would do right now without you supporting me.  You have been my rock.  I know there is still a ways to go, but with your help, I will get through it.  I know I have been a lot to deal with lately, for that I am sorry, I love you.

To my sister: I am so sorry that you are not here.  I'm so proud of you for getting out of town and having a great job.  You are making some amazing memories and you deserve to be happy.

To my dad: You are amazing.  Mom has been so lucky to have you here with her through the entire process.  I know she can't express it, but I know she appreciates it.  Thank you for taking early retirement and making sure that mom had everything she needed.  I love you and appreciate everything you have done for her and us.

 Mom: I know you won't read this, but you need to know I love you more than words can express.  You gave us a great life growing up, and then helped give my daughters a great life.  I'm so sorry for the way I acted growing up.  I know it was just teenage things, but if I could take it back and redo it I would.  Thank you for everything you have given me.  I could not have asked for a better life with you.  I know you are in pain, and I just don't want to see you suffer any more.  We are all ok, whenever you are ready.  We love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment